Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Towelday and Haikuesday 5/25/2010


In memory of Douglas Adams and all his work, I've compiled some various poetry by him, about him and by me about his work. Enjoy!

I Teleported Home One Night

(From The Restaurant at the End of the Universe)

I teleported home one night
With Ron and Sid and Meg
Ron stole Meggie's heart away
And I got Sidney's leg.


Marvin's Lullabies
(
From Life, the Universe, and Everything)

Now the world has gone to bed,
Darkness won't engulf my head,
I can see by infrared,
How I hate the night.

Now I lay me down to sleep,
Try to count electric sheep,
Sweet dream wishes you can keep,
How I hate the night.

Vogon Poetry (Ahhhh!!!)
(From The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy)
Oh freddled gruntbuggly/thy micturations are to me/As plurdled gabbleblotchits on a lurgid bee.
Groop I implore thee, my foonting turlingdromes. And hooptiously drangle me with crinkly bindlewurdles,
Or I will rend thee in the gobberwarts with my blurglecruncheon, see if I don't!


My Favorite Part
(by Me)
My favorite part
Arthur discovering flight
Then finding Fenchurch


Sandwiching (by Me)
Making sandwiches
Seems like an awfully good job
when you are lonely

-over and out-

1 comment:

Jeanne said...

I wish Towelday didn't come at this point in the academic year...but I enjoyed these after the fact!