Well, Brenda has issued such a challenge, and although there is no shoe, and really no duel. I have accepted. One survey complete:
10 years ago:
1. I was finishing up my Junior Year in High School and getting really excited for the Europe trip.
2. I was in "high school love" with Daniel, meaning I worried constantly about everything in our relationship.
3. I bought my favorite pair of shoes ever in preparation for Europe. My purple Reeboks. I loved them...
4. Brenda was my best friend in all the world, and we at one point told people that we didn't need drugs because we were "high on life". Then we giggled and danced around for another half-hour.
5. I believed in God.
5 years ago:
1. After several months job searching, I had just got a job at the Department of Revenue in Jeff City and I was going to have to move away from Kirksville and Brenda. :(
2. I realized how much fun going out to bars could be, thanks to Theresa. :-) I never had more fun barhopping than I did with her in the winter/spring of 2004, and Brenda was pretty nice to come pick us up. :-)
3. I was planning my wedding and visiting Daniel every weekend and practically living in the Kappa Sigma house.
4. I watched Brenda get locked in the bathroom, and I made her sip water from a straw through the doorknob hole and fed her animal crackers while we waiting for the maintence man. And I did a good deal of laughing too.
5. Still believed in God.
1 year ago:
1. Daniel and I were enjoying living in our new house...although that whole mowing the yard thing was not so much fun.
2. I was working at Vold & Morris and figuring out that I acutally kind of enjoy the whole writing legal documents thing.
3. I was excited about going to Minnesota with Brenda over Memorial Day and getting to go somewhere out of the state!
4. I was not paying any attention to my Fantasy Baseball Team.
5. God? Not so much.
1. I grilled pizza and it was delicious...plus I heard the little boys next door totally get in a fight and the older one made the younger one cry. Priceless.
2. Went to Sonic three times...Damn you Royals and your free Slushes!!
3. Checked my Fantasy Baseball Team non-stop while watching the Royals game in the background.
4. Called Brenda at least twice to tell her about funny things (see #1), and talked to Catie for a half-hour about her wedding and the Seattle vacation.
5. Read some "Order of Odd-Fish", watched one of the best episodes of "The Office" I've seen in a long time, and cuddled with Daniel.
5 snacks I like:
1. Trader Joes Sea Salt Pita chips
2. Almonds, Cashews and Hazelnuts
3. Tootsie Pops
4. Crispy Hexagons Cereal
5. Pirate Booty!
songs I know all the words to:
1. The Star Spangled Banner
2. Loose Lips - Kimya Dawson
3. Old Man River - Show Boat
4. Piano Man - Billy Joel
5. Sweet Caroline - Neil Diamond
If I had a million dollars:
1. Pay off any debt my or Daniel's parent's have.
2. Pay off the house and the student loans.
3. Donate money to Planned Parenthood and NPR.
4. Buy Daniel a car that doesn't flood when it rains, and myself a car that isn't falling apart.
5. Save the Rest....and maybe take a trip around the world.
5 things I would never wear:
1. Acid Wash Skinny Jeans from the 80s
2. A Girdle
3. Granny Panties
4. Shoulder Pads
Favorite TV shows:
1. The Office
2. Mark & Olly
3. Buffy the Vampire Slayer & Angel
4. Veronica Mars
5. Six Feet Under
5 bad habits:
1. Pretending I don't have any bad habits.
2. Not calling people when I need to.
4. Not working out.
5. Filling out surveys at work. ;-)
5 biggest joys:
3. Rainy Days with no work and a good book.
4. When life is bustling around me and I am in the center of family/friends and I have that perfect moment of knowing that this is where I belong.
5. Endless summer days with friends, baseball games, BBQ grills, cool drinks and popsicles.
fictional people I want to date:
1. Jim Halpert - The Office
2. Atticus Finch - To Kill a Mockingbird
3. Belle - Beauty and the Beast
4. Sam Wise Gamgee - Lord of the Rings
5. Fat Charlie Nancy - Anansi Boys
So now if you've read this (THROWS SHOE AT YOUR HEAD)
Consider yourself challenged!!