Monday, April 27, 2009

Mysterious Mustache??

So now it is two weeks with no mustache, and I have to say that things are going well. Although I do have to mention that only TWO days after he shaved it off, I became deathly ill with the Bubonic Plague....or, it could be called a sinus infection. Whatever you call it, I was basically knocked flat for around 5 days, and I really didn’t start feeling well till this past weekend.

Then I started thinking about the last time I had been really sick, and I was having a pretty hard time recalling being sick in a long while. In fact, I had a strong sense that I hadn't been ill for at least one year…which was timed almost perfectly with how long the mustache had been with us! Had the mustache been a magical sickness shield hovering over our home? Had the mustache hairs that had stuck up my nose every time I kissed Daniel implanted magical antibodies directly into my immune system?

Such questions have haunted me these past two weeks.

Anyway…..I am feeling much better now, but I can't help feeling that Daniel’s mustache was a sort of "Force Shield" of health. And even though I cheered when he shaved it off, it seems that a little part of me (the healthy part I guess) must have been shaved off with it, and washed down the sink, most likely clogging up the drain as it went.

Either that or it was the zombies.



4 comments:

Paul Michael Murphy said...

I'm planning to grow a mustache over my summer break.

The Wife is less than enthusiastic.

Betty (Beth) said...

Hah! Well, I wasn't super excited when he first shaved it off either, but it grew on me....or on him I guess. :-)

Anita said...

I came here from Murph Blog...it was hilarious visiting your blog for the first time and being hit with the moustache post...I didn't know if you were a man or woman who'd just lost a moustache, or what. Answer is or what, I guess. Anyway, love the cat photo...see you at Murph Blog.

Monica said...

i too, was wondering if you had shaved off your own moustache, Betty, and i was thinking how remarkably brave you were, to even discuss your moustache here on the interweb. then i actually read it, and realized that it's your SO's moustache. Phew.
PMM< go ahead and grow a moustache.