Monday, January 3, 2011

30 Days of TV

Around mid-December, my best friend Brenda shot me an email asking if I'd be willing to participate in a blogging challenge. For the next 30 days, my blog would center around a series of 30 subjects, regarding my favorite (and least favorite) television shows.

Day 01 - A show that should never have been canceled
Day 02 - A show that you wish more people were watching (currently on)
Day 03 - Your favorite new show (started in the year 2010)
Day 04 - Your favorite show ever
Day 05 - A show you hate (or dislike very much)
Day 06 - Favorite episode of your favorite TV show
Day 07 - Least favorite episode of your favorite TV show
Day 08 - Best twist in a series
Day 09 - Best scene ever
Day 10 - A show you thought you wouldn't like (or hated) but ended up loving
Day 11 - A show that disappointed you
Day 12 - An episode you have never grown tired of...
Day 13 - Favorite childhood show
Day 14 - Favorite male character
Day 15 - Favorite female character
Day 16 - Your guilty pleasure show
Day 17 - Favorite mini series
Day 18 - Favorite title sequence
Day 19 - Best TV show ensemble cast
Day 20 - Favorite kiss
Day 21 - Favorite relationship (romantic, friendship child/parent)
Day 22 - Favorite series finale
Day 23 - Most annoying character
Day 24 - Best quote
Day 25 - A show you plan on watching, but haven't gotten around to yet (old or new)
Day 26 - Season finale failure
Day 27 - Best pilot episode
Day 28 - First TV show obsession
Day 29 - Current TV show obsession
Day 30 - Saddest character death

Well, as any regular reader of my blog might gather (all two or three of you), I'm not really great at updating regularly (as the last two months prove), and my history with writing about TV is pretty much nill. Honestly, as far as this blog is concerned, I've tended to shy away from television shows and written about books or movies instead. But it's a new year, and I think I've given television a raw deal. So, with a few changes to the categories and a big change to the process, I said yes.

So for the next 30 posts* (or a bit more if I go off subject), I'm inviting you into the world of the television I enjoy (or enjoyed) watching. Maybe I'll convert you to a diehard fan of a certain show, or maybe I'll make you steer clear. What I hope most of all, though, is that this process helps me remember what a great art form (and entertainment vehicle) the Boob Tube can be.

I'll also be linking to my other friend's blogs who are also participating. They watch way more TV than I do and have much better answers (I already know this), and are much funnier than I am too, so I highly recommend checking them out when you get totally bored with me. ;-)

My cool friends who do a much better job than me at this:

- Over and Out -

*Instead of days, to make sure I wouldn't be staying up till one a.m. every night trying to finish the next day's blog post.

No comments: