Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Haikuesday 10-18-10

Inspiration is eluding me on this Haikuesday. While I am still #FuriouslyHappy, I also happen, today, to be #FuriouslySleepy as well, and the two are dueling quite, well, furiously.

So while I'm waiting for my body to decide if I should pass out or start smiling, here's some of the poetry that has been interesting me lately. In particular, Sherman Alexie:

Monosonnet for Rodents, Interrupted
By: Sherman Alexie

The
Exterminator
Said,
"You
Don't
Have
Rats,
Sir,

I've only found three skeletons and a cluster of fur. No, I don't think you're paranoid. I believe that you've heard rodent noise. I think you're still playing host for those pests. I still think they're making their nests, but, sir, I've been down a lot of holes, and a lot of rats have been down my shirts, and you need to be told the facts. You don't have rats;

You've
Got
The
Ghosts
Of
Rats."

-over and out-