Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Winter, Spring, Summer, Back to School Season??


So it's August, and although I have no one to send to school and am not in school myself, I can't help the "Back to School" feeling I've been having. I suppose that happens when out of the 27 years I've been alive, 22 of those years involved me starting school in August. Habit forming, I guess. ;-)

Because of this "Back to School Season," aside from my desire to buy pens, pencils, and a GI Joe Trapper Keeper, I am also struck with an incredible yearning for Fall. I know this is mainly because all stores associate the start of school with cool weather, and stock accordingly so, but it really means I'm stuck looking longingly at my hooded sweatshirts with the thermometer reading 90+ degrees outside.

Fall is a long, long way off and so is pumpkin pie, hot apple cider, and lots of really delicious soups and chili. I know I need to tough it out and enjoy the rest of summer. Look on the bright side and say, "Hey, just cause the warm season is over for the younguns, doesn't mean mine has to be over!" I should go swimming every day, drink margaritas and work on my "tan." But the truth is....I don't wanna. I want to wear jeans and a hooded sweatshirt, go to a football game with friends...and drink some G-DAMN Apple Cider!

So in honor of this wishy-washy "Back to School" season, I've decided to write a series of blog posts about school, both from my experiences and others. I'll be "most likely" ending the series with a trip back I've planned to my Alma Mater, Truman State University for my (gasp) 5 year college reunion.

So if you'll excuse me, my GI Joe Trapper Keeper just fell out of my Beauty and the Beast backpack, and I have to get it picked up before the bus gets here.


2 comments:

Belinda said...

So...speaking of pumpkin pie. Turns out I have about 4 little bitty pumpkins that I harvested. Would you be interested in them by any chance?

Betty (Beth) said...

Yes! I love pumpkins!!! MMmmmmmmm. Also, I ate my first cherry tomato yesterday! Thank you so much for the plants! It's so cool to know I helped it grow! :-)